The slides that I presented at December's meeting are available here. We will not hold a meeting in January. Look for a survey email from us shortly to try to define what topics we can cover in the coming year.
As mentioned, Flash Builder 4.7 was officially released. You can request a free serial number if you own 4.5/4/6 via this form. Creative Cloud subscription members can access the new version via the Adobe Application Manager.
Adobe has also released a public preview of Adobe Scout. This was formerly known as Project Monocle, Adobe Scout is a new profiling and optimization tool for Flash Player on desktop and mobile to help you get the best performance possible. For a limited time, Adobe Scout is available as a free preview before commercial release! They also released an Adobe Gaming SDK and Flash C++ compiler. Visit http://gaming.adobe.com/getstarted/ for more information.
Also, Adobe is hosting Create Now on December 11 @ 10am. You can register at http://www.adobeeventsonline.com/createevent/
Come join the San Diego Adobe Developer User Group on Monday Nov 5th at 6pm as we present an evening of animation and interactivity.
Next we will take a brief look at create.js. Developed by Grant Skinner and team, this extension for Flash Professional allows users the ability to export their Flash animations to run solely using HTML/CSS/JS.
As always we will discuss some of the latest news and rumors in the tech world.
Hope to see you there for this animated meeting!
Meeting location: Art Institue of San Diego (South Building)7675 Mission Valley Road San Diego, CA 92108
It's finally here!
What’s new in ColdFusion 10 (article)
What’s new in ColdFusion 10 (video)
What’s new in ColdFusion Builder 2.0.1
Unique built-in HTML5 support in ColdFusion 10
Java and ColdFusion 10
Security improvements in ColdFusion 10
Getting started with RESTful web services in ColdFusion
Working with Tomcat as the built-in application server
Preview 5 introduces significant improvements to speed up the animation creation process, new on-stage tools, as well as publishing and optimization features for older browsers and lighter code output.
• Labs: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/edge/
• New video: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adc-presents/introducing-adobe-edge-preview-5/
• Full feature list: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/edge/features.html
• Updated FAQ (PDF): http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/edge/faq.pdf
• Blog: http://blogs.adobe.com/edge/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AdobeEdge
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/adobeedge
New Publishing and Optimization Features:
- Publish to web: Preview 5 has an option to specify if jQuery should be packaged with the composition, or downloaded from a CDN to produce lighter code and improve caching.
- Down-level browser support: Define a fallback state of a composition for non-HTML5 browsers like IE8 and below.
- Preloader improvements: Choose what gets shown during the preloader (before the framework, jQuery, or composition is loaded).
Emphasis on animation:
- Timeline: We made several significant improvements to the timeline that make composing animations much easier and faster, such as an easier to use Pin (formerly the Mark) and smarter playback behavior.
- On-stage tools: New clip and transform tools make it easier to manipulate objects and create animation effects.
Many other enhancements:
- Improved symbol functionality, stage editing options, the ability to swap images, more intuitive contextual menus, many bug fixes, and much more have been added to preview 5.
|Thread||GoDaddy dropping ColdFusion Support Nov 29, 2011||1||8027||BrienMalone||09/02/11|
|Thread||I need a Job in San Diego, HELP||2||12389||DowJonez||11/10/10|
|Thread||Discovering Fusebox 3 with ColdFusion - ebook||0||10178||BrienMalone||11/01/10|
|Thread||Adobe Max 2010||1||11715||sizerstudios||09/15/10|
|Thread||Flex Modules And Error 1014||1||12665||chuckboc||06/14/10|
|Thread||ActionScript Error 2015 With Firefox And Internet Explorer||1||12395||chuckboc||05/12/10|
|Thread||Need Help Clustering MX 7||1||11052||BrienMalone||12/10/08|
|Thread||Automating via binding data from MS Excel to an Acrobat Form||0||12265||mberry1||10/14/09|
|Thread||Developers meet in Orange County: ocdev.org||0||11147||Oğuz Demirkapı||12/09/08|